Want to waste a lot of time? Try coming up with the perfect band name.
5 potential ways to go about it –
- Try an online band name generator that combines words at (seeming) random:
Band Name Maker (http://www.bandnamemaker.com/)
- Have some input with an online band name generator that asks you to give it some information (or at least words) to use in its generation:
Band Name Generator (http://www.song-lyrics-generator.org.uk/band-name/)
Among mine: “A Box of Clocks with Blue Rock and the Cool Humans”
- Pick from a list already created by someone, somehow:
Ten Thousand Statistically Grammar-Average Fake Band Names (http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~bwhitman/10000.html)
- Start typing something interesting into a web search and see what the search engine suggestions for your search might be.
Beware. I started typing “polymorphic” (sounds like a cool word, right?) and one of the suggested searches was Polymorphic Light Eruption. Awesome band name!! Um… see here what the Mayo Clinic thinks… Next!
- Brainstorm with your friends, family, co-workers, random folks you run into:
- Moving parts
- Dull machete
- Toad Crossing
- 17 Odd
- The Buicks
- there were many more, but I won’t subject you to all of them.
Have fun. But don’t forget there are probably other things you have to do.